Train Depot Museum
The sandstone building housing the museum was built in 1914 as a Northern Pacific railway depot and was active until after WWII. On the main line between Seattle and Portland, eight or nine trains daily stopped here at the height of train travel. In 1965, North Pacific sold it to the town, and with the help of a federal grant, it was moved 10 blocks to our city park and converted to a museum.
We have kept the building the same as much as possible. It now houses the press used to make the original wood money along with old logging tools, old quarry tools, railroad memorabilia, and many local artifacts, including a 1920s doctor’s office.