General Information: (360) 264-2368
149 Hodgden Street South
Tenino, Washington 98589
Historical Photo of City | Train Depot

Community Development

Welcome to community development. We are here to help you find the information you need. The forms and information on this page will be your guide as you plan and carry out development projects in Tenino city limits. Please let us know how we can further help you be successful.

Tenino Recognized By The Association Of Washington Cities

The Association of Washington Cities recently conferred the small cities success award upon the City of Tenino for "reinvigorating government," a kind of catch-all phrase to describe the many varied improvements made by the city in all departments and across all activities the city is involved in. Watch the video, and read the award recommendation for more information.

Development Opportunities

Are you a building owner or a business owner within the Historic District of Downtown Tenino and would like to "spruce up" your facade? The city has established a facade improvement grant that is designed to help you make those improvements. Any building owner, or business owner with the approval of the building owner, may apply for a grant of up to $1,000 with the understanding that there is a matching component required. The matching component may be cash, but it may also be "in kind." That is, the city will consider labor, parts, or materials contributed by either the building owner or the business owner in satisfaction of the matching requirement. The ratio of the matching requirement is two to one. For more information, please contact the clerk/treasurer.

Building and Inspections

Your building official and building inspector is Bennett Barnes.
To schedule an inspection, please call (360) 264.2368. Inspections are typically performed within a week of your request. 

Planning and Development

Your city planner is Katrina Van Every.
If you have questions about where you can establish a business or what you can do with your property, please call (360) 741.2514. The city planner can help you identify your options.